- Free access into monthly meeting events. These meetings vary every month and include panel discussions, fireside chats, speed networking, parties, and more! Your membership gets you free access for 1 or more people depending on your level as well as free food and drink at each event.
- Access and alerts to the Third Thursday Breakfast club networking session to meet and engage with other production professionals in the industry.
- Access to and the ability to post on the DPA Listserve with over 3,000 production professionals able to provide insight, support, and information. It's a treasure trove of professional insight and information.
- Discounts on equipment, services, and rentals from our vendors, suppliers, and partners where available.
- A great chance to network and connect with production professionals in the DFW area!
There are 5 memberships levels available broken down into 3 groups. Those in creative production, those that support creative production, and students.
Production and Studio
This includes anyone who would bill themselves as a Director or Producer. You might also be a Director of Photography, a creative director, or writer, but you manage and maintain client relationships to ideate and create creative content for an end client or audience.
- You are a Production member if you are a sole-proprietor, individual contributor, owner-operator, or a small team up to 5 people. This can include small production teams internal to a larger enterprise entity, but we would prefer those teams to sign up as a Studio member. With a Production membership you can have up to 2 of your team members at any event.
- You are a Studio member if you are a creative entity with more than 5 people on your team. This includes both SMB's providing creative services for external clients and internal teams for enterprise companies. With a Studio membership you can have up to 5 of your team members at any event.
Affiliate and Vendor
This includes anyone who would bill themselves as a support services for production. This can include camera operators, hair and makeup artists, teleprompter operators, and audio engineers as well as any equipment rental companies, studio and facility rental locations, equipment sales and integrators, and equipment manufacturers.
- You are an Affiliate member if you are a sole-proprietor, individual contributor, owner-operator, or a small team up to 5 people. This usually includes craft services teams, audio engineers, makeup artists, and small equipment providers. With a Production membership you can have up to 2 of your team members at any event.
- You are a Vendor member if you are a creative support entity with more than 5 people on your team. This includes both SMB's providing services for creatives and larger enterprise manufactures, sales teams, and integrators. With a Vendor membership you can have up to 5 of your team members at any event.
This includes anyone who is a registered student 18 and over. Students can remain or acquire a student membership up to one year post school. Includes only that individual for events.
DPA memberships are due annually. When you sign up, you will be asked to provide a credit card to Stripe, our credit card processor. Member benefits are contingent upon successful renewal.
The DPA board meets monthly to discuss general business, upcoming events, and new and returning member applications. The process of approval completely depends on the information you supply when you sign up. The board will follow up with any questions regarding your application, so make sure to add in a current email and phone number so we can contact you as necessary.